About.com Crochet: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week
- Macaw Birds Chart For Filet or Cross Stitch
Free macaw birds chart, for filet crochet or cross stitch, adaptable for knitting, needlepoint or beadwork.
- Leaves Free Patterns
A list of links to free patterns for crocheted leaves and items with a leaf theme. Afghans, squares, appliques, filet crochet and more.
- Crocheted Chain Fringe How-To
A photo showing crocheted chain fringe with the tying of pairs in progress, for in an overlapping pattern.
- A Tassel A Day with Seven Tassel Patterns from the Early 1900s
Free patterns for some interesting crocheted tassels, found in books printed in the early 1900s.
- Crocheted Mother's Day Gifts
Free crochet pattern links for items that would be nice Mother's Day gifts or presents to give to Mom anytime.
- Fitted Ear Warmer Headband
At About Crochet: Designed to be narrower towards the top for a snug fit. Free headband pattern. Instructions for an optional tie-on flower.
- Square Top Tassel Pattern
Free pattern for a square-top tassel, a vintage pattern from the early 1900s.
- Cardinal Bird Head Closeup Ornament and Pillow
A closeup of a cardinal bird's head, worked from a color chart. Make it in thread for an ornament or with yarn for a pillow. Free chart and instructions.
- Basic Crochet Stitches
At About Crochet: A list of the most basic stitches used in crocheting. Links to instructions for learning how to do those crochet stitches.
- How To Crochet A Skinny Scarf
Adding fringe to a crocheted scarf.
- Closer Pics For Dotted OT Hat
A photo showing areas of cross-stitch added to the single crochet parts of the Dotted Blocks Open Top Hat.
- Diagonal V-Stitch Line Afghan
At About Crochet: Sandi's diagonal v-stitch line squares arranged in an intriguing fashion and joined for an afghan.
- Vs and Fans Bookmark
Free pattern. This bookmark is crocheted with easy double crochet, chains and V-stitches.
- Embellish With A Quick Accent
Embellish crochet projects with quick to make appliques, that can easily turn a basic item into something special. This leaf made in a Venetian Crochet style can be a great accent when added to any simple flower motif that was sewn to a finished crocheted item.
- Butterfly Charts Main List and Assembly Hints When Making as an Afghan
Main list of all the butterfly charts in this series, suitable for cross stitch, needlepoint, knitting, crochet and quilt blocks. Also, if making charts into crocheted afghan squares: diagrams for suggested placement for two sizes of afghans and assembly instructions.
- How To Cross-Stitch on a Crocheted Background
Free instructions showing how to do cross-stitch on a single crochet background. The basics, plus a photo showing outlining, used to highlight parts of your cross-stitch design.
- Toy Zebra Rocking Horse Design Great For Baby Afghan Free Pattern Chart
A solid color zebra rocking horse toy design, worked from a chart. Crochet the color in, as you go along or work in cross-stitch on a crocheted background. Suitable for traditional cross stitch on aida cloth or for adapting to other needlecrafts.
- Cross Chart
Free filet crochet chart of a cross.
- Toy Car Shape Crochet Applique
Free crochet pattern for an applique in a fun car shape that would be cute sewn to a purchased plain sweater or added to a basic crocheted sweater for a child.
- Plain Granny Becomes Fancy Christmas Square
Transform a plain granny square into a fancy Christmas square in a few easy steps.
- Crocheted Stained Glass Towel Topper Pattern
Free pattern for a crocheted towel topper, inspired by stained glass.
- Shell Center Afghan Square
At About Crochet: This crocheted afghan square has a center of shell stitches, with rounds of shells and double crochet to complete the design. 11 inch or 12 inch square
- Leaves Butterfly Habitat Design Free Chart For Butterflies Series
This free chart in the butterfly design series is of leaves, signifying the butterfly habitat.
- Corner Start Diagonal Crochet
This method of crocheting is done diagonally, corner to corner.
- Rewritten Instructions 1915 Finger-Purse Pattern
1915 Finger-Purse Coin Purse instructions rewritten by Sandi Marshall in today's crochet terminology.