More Free Patterns
- Charted Ghost with Bat
Instructions for crocheting a ghost spider. Example of this applique made with worsted weight yarn. Can also be crocheted with thread for a smaller ghost spider shape.
- Orangeback Spider Halloween Decoration
Free crocheted spider pattern; this one has a splash of orange on its back, set off by an orange button.
- Shells Hair Tie Free Pattern
A photo showing a way to thread a hair elastic through a crocheted hair tie to fold it into a bow shape and secure.
- Little Bird No. 2 Free Chart For Filet and Cross-stitch
A little bird design (second of two co-ordinating charts), to filet crochet or cross-stitch in solid color silhouette.
- Starting Chain
Step-by-step photos with a condensed tutorial for learning how to make a starting chain for crochet.
- Top Picks - Videos and DVDs on Crocheting
Learn to crochet and/or advance your skills by watching video or DVD crochet demonstrations. A few advantages of a video are being able to learn at your own pace and having the ability to watch any part over and over as many times as needed.
- Football Shaped Double Size Coaster Free Pattern
Free crochet pattern for a fooball shaped coaster that is large enough to be used with a tankard, large mug or two regular mugs.
- Toy Zebra Rocking Horse Design Great For Baby Afghan Free Pattern Chart
A solid color zebra rocking horse toy design, worked from a chart. Crochet the color in, as you go along or work in cross-stitch on a crocheted background. Suitable for traditional cross stitch on aida cloth or for adapting to other needlecrafts.
- Apron to Go With Mrs. Teddy Bear's Pilgrim Dress Free Pattern
Apron pattern to go with Mrs. Teddy Bear's Pilgrim dress free pattern.
- Butterfly Circle Design For Adding Initial
Free chart and instructions to crochet the Butterfly Circle Design in filet crochet.
- Chicken Needlecrafts Free Chart and Links to Sites With Some Interesting Chickens Stuff
Free chart of a chicken, suitable for various needlecrafts, along with links to some interesting web pages with information having to do with chickens.
- Top 10 Free Patterns Last Week
The most popular free crochet patterns for two weeks ago, for links that are listed on the About Crochet site.
- Join-As-You-Go Rounds
A photo showing a two-tier crocheted flower with ties added to the center of four joined afghan squares.
- Tiny Flowers Border Free Color Chart For Cross-stitch on a Crocheted Background
A small chart for a pretty flower border, perfect for doing cross-stitch on a crocheted background. Suitable for traditional cross stitch on aida cloth or for adapting to other needlecrafts.
- Ceylon Rose Butterfly Graph
Free Ceylon Rose Butterfly chart; part of the butterfly design series, suitable for various needlework techniques.
- Letter A of Checkered Alphabet Free Chart For Cross-Stitch or Filet Crochet
Free chart for letter A of the checkered alphabet, with instructions for filet crochet.
- Wavy Edge Shells Skinny Scarf
This photo shows a clear look at the stitches used in crocheting the first three rows of a scarf pattern, using shell stitches. The photo can be helpful to refer to when crocheting the pattern from the written directions or in helping beginners who are learning how to crochet to understand where the stitches are worked.
- Shell Path Headband Free Pattern
Free pattern for a shell stitch design crocheted headband. Example is shown in two colors.
- Clusters and Shells Square
Enjoy this combination of cluster and shell stitches; the photos and instructions show you just how to do it.
- So Easy Headband Narrow Version Free Crochet Pattern
Free pattern. This headband is made in single crochet and is easy enough for a beginner. There's an optional easy way to embellish the front of the head band.
- Adjusting Afghan Square Sizes
Examples of ways to adjust the size of afghan square patterns to come up with the size you need.
- Lighthouse With American Flag Design Free Pattern Chart
A lighthouse, with its lights beaming across a night sky and an American flag shown flying on the lighthouse front, worked from a chart. Work in cross-stitch on a crocheted background; also suitable for traditional cross stitch on aida cloth or for adapting to other needlecrafts.
- Bushy-tailed Squirrel with Acorn Charted for Filet or Cross-Stitch and Links to Information About Squirrels
Free needlecraft chart of a squirrel holding an acorn. Links to some interesting information about squirrels, found on the Internet.
- Connected Hearts Design
A photo showing the Connected Hearts Triangle crocheted shawl, with an edging added. There's a link to the free pattern.
- Shells Leaf Applique
At About Crochet: A leaf shape that has shell stitches within the design.
- Halter Tops
A list of links to free crocheted summer cardigan patterns, in openwork designs or made with lightweight cotton yarns. Summer clothes to crochet.
- Daisy Square Chart For Filet or Cross Stitch
Free daisy square chart, for filet crochet or cross stitch, adaptable for knitting, needlepoint or beadwork.
- Seven-inch Tassel Pattern
Free vintage pattern for a seven-inch tassel. Fringe part is crocheted also, with an interesting top.