- .ILION - The Ilion Public Library’s Busy Hands Knitting and Crochet group’s Odds N’ Ends Craft Supply Sale will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, and from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Jan. 26 at the library, 78 West St.
- 2.A pair of copy machines whir, spitting out pages for the better part of a half-hour. The clickety-click of keyboards can be heard as all of the computers - those in the main area, as well as those in a nearby classroom - are being used. Other areas of the building are ready to be used for activities such as cooking demonstrations and knit-and-crochet classes.
- 3.Ellen Manetas grew bored three years ago when knee surgery sidelined her with nothing to do. But after a couple of crochet lessons from her cousin, she found making blankets for others interlocked her creative side with her charitable spirit.
- 4.Henrietta Winkelmolen lives a quiet life in the Holy Angels Apartments in Bridgeton. She enjoys crocheting and makes 25 blankets a year for pregnant women in an emergency shelter.
- 5.American College of the Building Arts: Volunteer opportunities exist at the school, which provides a forum for education and training in the building arts, including masonry, ironwork, stone carving and timber framing. Aims to restore pride in quality craftsmanship. 577-5245.
- 6.Camp Fire USA of Snoho mish County is encouraging families in the Arlington and Lakewood school districts to learn more about Camp Fire clubs in their area.
- 7.The dozen or so ladies who meet at the St. Andrew Greek Orthodox Church in Randolph don't know where the blankets they knit and crochet will go -- but they do know people around the country will be helped by them.
- 8.I don 't know if it 's in anticipation of a big pro football weekend or not, but there are a glut of shows worth seeing on Friday night in Madison clubs. It 's good news for fans of football and live music. The only wrinkle is that we can 't attend all of shows at once. Madison 's Those Poor Bastards are just returning from a tour with Hank Williams III that was unexpectedly shortened ...
- 9.* Snowmobile safety course offered by Sno-Riders * Rehearsals begin for Choral Society * Lasagna dinner planned for Saturday at lodge * Odds N’ Ends craft supply sale at library
- 10.Early Doucet was always the kind of player who had a burning desire to win a championship.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Crochet in the News