No matter how experienced you are at the art of crochet, every crochet enthusiast looks for free crochet patterns. Once you become proficient with your craft, you may find that it is challenging and fun to create your own crochet patterns and designs, however for the most part, using free crochet patterns that you can find on the Internet is an excellent way to ensure that you have plenty of crochet patterns for practice and developing new skills. However, it is important to realize that though a crochet pattern may be distributed for free on the Internet, it is always a wise choice to read any rules, regulations, or stipulations that the creator of the crochet pattern may have enacted. For example, some crochet designers will allow you to create as many projects using their pattern as you like, but will prohibit you from selling the item. Some other designers practically give away the pattern and have no stipulations whatsoever. You may also find that many companies will not only give you the pattern for free, but will also let your reproduce the pattern and place it online. Other companies may have very strict rules regarding reproducing free crochet patterns. It is always best to find out what the rules are before you share, copy, or distribute free crochet patterns. Yet, the good news is that no matter where you find the crochet pattern, you have the right to use it and create fantastic crochet items. So, here is the list of the top five sites for free crochet patterns.
Top Five Sites for Free Crochet Patterns
- Fun Crochet- a fairly new site that offers links to numerous crochet patterns online. In addition you'll find crochet patterns for men, women, and children as well as a collection of Groovy Crochet patterns.
- Crochet Pattern Central Crochet Pattern Central features a huge listing of free crochet patterns on the Internet. One of the things that I like best about Crochet Pattern Central, is the fact that you can select from pdf files or general web sites easily.
- About.Com-Crochet Guide Sandi Marshall About.com's Crochet Guide is Sandi Marshall. In addition to her finding some of the best crochet patterns and sharing them online, she also is a very accomplished crochet designer. She has many of her own patterns available on the site.
- Lion Brand Yarns- Lion Brand offers a Catalog of Free Crochet Patterns. You will need to join the site to have access to the free crochet patterns, but it is free to join. You may also want to join their newsletter and receive regular updates regarding Lion Brand patterns and yarns.
- Bernat Yarns- Bernat is a leading supplier of yarn for crochet and knit patterns. They provide a large resource of free crochet patterns.